Students completing this certificate program will be prepared for entry-level positions in natural resource management agencies or for transfer to 2 or 4 year degree-granting institutions. Students will also be well-positioned to continue their studies toward the KBOCC Environmental Science Associate Degree, since the certificate retains the core components of the Associate Degree. Depending on placement (for composition and mathematics requirements), full-time students could feasibly complete the certificate program in one year.
- Explain the major scientific principles pertinent to environmental science
- Apply the scientific method to solve environmental problems
- Explain the importance of the natural world in Anishinaabe culture
- Employ standard methods to conduct environmental assessments
- Demonstrate proper use of technological equipment used in environmental science
- Accurately interpret scientific data
A Path to Green Jobs – Learn More | BestColleges.com
Generally speaking, a green job is a position where a worker strives to boost energy efficiency, reduce waste, or develop or hone sources of renewable energy.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Andrew Kozich, Environmental Science Department Chair
Wabanung Campus – Room 303