Students completing this certificate program will be ready for entry level positions in accounting, management, or information technology or to transfer to a 2- or 4-year degree granting institution to continue their education. Students will also be well-positioned to continue their studies toward the KBOCC Business Administration Associate Degree since the certificate retains the core components of the Associate Degree. Depending on placement (for the composition requirement), full-time students could feasibly complete the certificate program in one year.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Apply the basic functions of management appropriately.
2. Employ communication methods effectively to proficiently connect with varying audiences.
3. Formulate decisions utilizing knowledge of business law concepts.
4. Implement basic accounting principles.
5. Utilize effective marketing techniques and principles.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Business Department Chair
Wabanung Campus – Rm 306
General Education Requirements
College Success Elective (Choose LS103 or LS133) – 2 credits
EN102 College Composition I – 3 credits
Anishinaabe Awareness Elective (Choose AS102 or OS110) – 4 credits
BS110 Introduction to Business – 3 credits
BS145 Business Communication – 3 credits
BS201 Accounting I or BS204 Microcomputer Accounting – 4 credits
BS208 Management and Supervision – 3 credits
BS210 Marketing – 3 credits
BS211 Business Law – 3 credits
IS110 Principles of Information Systems – 4 credits
Total Credits Required – 31 credits