Culinary Arts Certificate
Students completing this certificate program will learn the fundamentals of the culinary arts of cooking methods, flavor development, techniques, world cuisines, baking and pastry, and more. This program will give students a hands-on understanding of the professional kitchen and the skills needed for employment in the growing food industry.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the Culinary Arts Certificate Program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills necessary for the service of quality foods in a professional setting.
- Administer professionalism to lead by example when working with others.
- Calculate recipe quantities to follow standard recipe procedures.
- Utilize equipment in commercial kitchens safely.
- Practice safe food handling techniques while maintaining good personal hygiene.
Culinary Arts Certificate Requirements:
Business Requirements Credits
BS110 Introduction to Business (3 Credits)
BS149 Business Administrative Procedures (4 Credits)
Culinary Requirements Credits
FN101 Introduction to Culinary Skills (2 Credits)
FN102 Advanced Culinary Skills (3 Credits)
FN130 Baking and Pastry (2 Credits)
FN140 Food Safety and Sanitation with ServSafe (3 Credits)
FN145 Nutrition and Sustainability (3 Credits)
FN201 Local and Native Cuisine (2 Credits)
FN202 Essentials of Restaurant Management (3 Credits)
FN230 Baking and Pastry II (2 Credits)
FN Electives (9 Credits)
Total Credits Required 36
If you would like to receive a Business Administration Degree, click here