Students completing this certificate program will learn the culinary arts fundamentals of cooking methods, flavor development, techniques, world cuisines, baking and pastry, and more. This program will give students a hands-on understanding of the professional kitchen and the skills needed for employment in the growing food industry.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Demonstrate the skills necessary for the service of quality foods in a professional setting.
2. Administer professionalism to lead by example when working with others.
3. Calculate recipe quantities to follow standard recipe procedures.
4. Utilize equipment in commercial kitchens safely.
5. Practice safe food handling techniques while maintaining good personal hygiene.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Business Department Chair
Wabanung Campus – Rm 306
BS110 Introduction to Business – 3 credits
BS149 Business Administrative Procedures – 4 credits
FN101 Introduction to Culinary Skills – 2 credits
FN102 Advanced Culinary Skills – 3 credits
FN130 Baking and Pastry – 2 credits
FN140 Food Safety and Sanitation with ServSafe – 3 credits
FN145 Nutrition and Sustainability – 3 credits
FN201 Local and Native Cuisine – 2 credits
FN202 Essentials of Restaurant Management – 3 credits
FN230 Baking and Pastry II – 2 credits
FN Electives – 9 credits
TOTAL CREDITS – 36 credits