770 N. Main St. L'Anse MI, 49946
(906) 524-8400
KBOCC Campus Health and Safety: Current Level 1 - Bezhik


Apply Online Today! 

Please direct admission inquiries to: Admissions at (906) 524-8105 or admissions@kbocc.edu


Admission to Keweenaw Bay Ojibwa Community College is open to all eligible applicants regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, disability, or national or ethnic origin.


All students enrolled as degree-seeking candidates must arrange for official high school or equivalency transcripts (GED) to arrive at the College no later than the end of the first week of the semester.

(Disclaimer: Students are responsible for acquiring transcripts from their schools)

If students register as degree-seeking candidates and their transcripts are not received within the first week of the semester, they must be reclassified as non-degree seeking students (see “Admission as Non-Degree Seeking Student” for impact on financial aid) or have their registration canceled.


  • Complete and submit an application for admission.
  • Have official transcripts from the high school/testing center which granted the diploma/high school completion certification and all previous colleges sent directly to the Admissions Office.


If returning after a voluntary absence from Keweenaw Bay Ojibwa Community College for two or more semesters:

  • Submit a new application for admission.
  • Have official transcripts from any colleges or universities attended in the interim sent directly to the Admissions Office.
  • Contact the Bursar/Enrollment Coordinator regarding any potential academic or financial holds.

If reapplying following an academic suspension:

  • Submit a new application for admission.
  • General Petition Form
  • Submit a letter of appeal for reinstatement to the Faculty Council at least 30 days before the start of the semester of intended enrollment.
  • Have official transcripts from any colleges or universities attended in the interim sent directly to the Admissions Office.

Students who are readmitted to Keweenaw Bay Ojibwa Community College after three or more consecutive fall and spring semesters of non-enrollment must complete their degrees using the program requirements of the catalog current at the time of their readmission, when they subsequently declare a major, or at the time of their graduation


Non-degree seeking Students:

Applicants who wish to take specific courses may enroll as non-degree seeking students. Non-degree students are not required to provide a high school diploma or GED and are not eligible for federal financial aid.

Non-degree seeking students who later decide to seek regular admission may apply all credits earned and must meet regular admission requirements. High School students with advanced secondary enrollment are also Non-Degree Seeking and have additional admissions requirements.

Guest Student:

Students who are enrolled as degree-seeking students at another college or university may apply to take courses as guest students. The following stipulations must be met for admission as a guest student:

  1. Students must submit a guest student application (available from their home institution) to the Admissions Office. Transcripts from the home institution are not required.
  2. Guest students may not register as degree candidates at Keweenaw Bay Ojibwa Community College.
  3. Guest students should have their Keweenaw Bay Ojibwa Community College course selections approved in advance by the Registrar at their home institutions.
  4. Guest students must arrange to have any credit earned as guest students sent from Keweenaw Bay Ojibwa Community College to their home institutions.

Financial aid for guest students may be available from their home institutions. The student will be responsible for payment of institutional expenses incurred at Keweenaw Bay Ojibwa Community College.

Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application

Advanced Secondary Enrollment:

High school students may take college courses either with the support of their school districts (dual enrollment) or independently.  School district support is always needed if the students wish to earn credit toward their high school graduation requirements.  Local school districts determine eligibility for dual enrollment based on standards established by their states’ Department of Education. The College sets admission requirements for secondary students who are taking college classes without school district support, for college credit only.

Michigan high school students who wish to take college courses with support from their school under PA 160 of 1996: Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act (PSEOA) must be determined to be eligible for dual enrollment by their school district, which will provide an eligibility letter for the college. Students and their parents must coordinate with their school districts in order to receive high school credit. The school districts determine which college courses may be applied toward high school graduation requirements. For more information about dual enrollment, please follow the links from the “College and Career Ready” section of the Michigan Department of Education website, michigan.gov/mde.  Similarly, high school students from other states should get information about dual enrollment requirements from their local school districts and state education departments.

High school students who wish to take classes independently for college credit only must have a “B” average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better, have parental consent and the recommendation of their high school counselor to be admitted as Advanced Secondary Students. They may enroll in up to three courses totaling no more than 8 credits per semester and may choose any courses for which they meet the prerequisites.

All Advanced Secondary Students must submit an advanced secondary enrollment form showing parental consent and dual-enrollment eligibility or high school guidance counselor’s recommendation to the Admissions Office for each semester of enrollment at KBOCC as an Advanced Secondary Student.

Advanced Secondary Enrollment Application