Strategic planning is a multi-year organizational plan that defines long-term goals and objectives and drives action in order to achieve a desired future state – the vision or dream. It serves as a roadmap for the institution’s growth, development, and long-term success while prioritizing student learning and success, and community impact.
A systematic and integrated strategic planning process serves many important purposes:
- Creates an institution-wide sense of clarity and transparency,
- Keeps everyone aligned with the College vision, mission, and goals,
- Identifies and guides the best strategies to accomplish goals,
- Tracks progress on activities and their outcomes/impact,
- Includes collaboration and cross-functional engagement, and
- Focuses resources on key priorities.
Typical components of the strategic planning process include data gathering and pre-planning; community engagement and visioning; environmental scan; goal and objective setting; strategy and initiative development; resource allocation; monitoring and evaluation; and communication and reporting.
KBOCC STRATEGIC PLANS
Learn more about KBOCC’s 2020-2025 Strategic Plan