Small Business Start-up Certificate
Students completing this certificate program will gain the expertise and tools needed to pursue a new business venture. Students will also be well-positioned to continue their studies toward the KBOCC Business Administration Associate Degree, since the certificate retains the core components of the Associate Degree. The curriculum covers the fundamentals of starting and operating a business, developing a business plan, obtaining financing, marketing a product or service and developing an effective accounting system as well as exploring the option of DBE designation.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Implement basic accounting principles.
- Utilize effective marketing techniques and principles.
- Explain the different tax obligations of the startup business.
- Evaluate the various sources used to finance a business.
- Create techniques to effectively motivate employees.
- Evaluate the benefits and constraints of operating under a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) designation.
Small Business Start-Up Certificate Requirements
BS110 Introduction to Business (3 Credits)
BS201 Accounting I or BS204 Microcomputer Accounting (4 Credits)
BS208 Management and Supervision (3 Credits)
BS210 Marketing (3 Credits)
BS212 Entrepreneurship (3 Credits)
Total Credits Required 16
If you would like to receive a Business Administration Degree, click here