Students completing this certificate program will gain the expertise and tools needed to pursue a new business venture. Students will also be well-positioned to continue their studies toward the KBOCC Business Administration Associate Degree, since the certificate retains the core components of the Associate Degree. The curriculum covers the fundamentals of starting and operating a business, developing a business plan, obtaining financing, marketing a product or service and developing an effective accounting system.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Implement basic accounting principles.
2. Utilize effective marketing techniques and principles.
3. Explain the different tax obligations of the startup business.
4. Evaluate the various sources used to finance a business.
5. Create techniques to effectively motivate employees.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Business Department Chair
Wabanung Campus – Rm 306
BS110 Introduction to Business – 3 credits
BS201 Accounting I or BS204 Microcomputer Accounting – 4 credits
BS208 Management & Supervision – 3 credits
BS210 Marketing – 3 credits
BS212 Entrepreneurship – 3 credits
Total Credits – 16 credits