770 N. Main St. L'Anse MI, 49946
(906) 524-8400



Open registration is held prior to the beginning of the semester. Current students are strongly encouraged to register for the coming semester before the present semester ends.  Students meet with their advisors to review their degree progress, make course selections, and complete a registration card. In order to register, students must have completed the following:

  • Admissions forms
  • Registration card approved and signed by the advisor

Returning students with account holds must reconcile issues prior to registration.  Students may check their account statuses through the web portal or by contacting the Financial Aid Officer and Bursar. Student bills are sent out after the end of the add-drop week.

Course Schedules

Students may not enroll for credit in courses with conflicting schedules.

Adding Courses

Registered students may add courses through the end of the first week of the semester with the advisor approval. An official drop/add form must be submitted to the Enrollment Office.

Dropping Courses

Registered students may drop courses through the end of the first week of the semester without a transcript notation by completing a drop/add form with advisor’s signature and submitting it to the Enrollment Office.

Registration Cancellation

Students who do not attend classes during the first week of a course will have that course enrollment canceled. Students who are unable to attend due to an emergency may maintain their enrollment by notifying the Dean of Student Services and providing documentation of the emergency.

Course Audit

Students wishing to audit a course must complete the registration card and application form and pay the audit fee. Students taking a course for credit will have priority over students auditing a course if classroom space is limited. Students may change enrollment from audit to credit or credit to audit only through the end of the first week of the semester.

Repeated Courses

When students register to repeat a course for which a grade was issued and complete the course to earn a grade, the first grade earned will be converted to an “R”, and the second grade will be recorded on the permanent transcript regardless of which grade is higher. When students withdraw from repeat courses, the “W” designation does not replace the original grade. Students may not repeat a course in which they have received a grade of “B-” or better. No prerequisite course may be repeated if a more advanced course has been completed with a grade of “C” or better. When students have special circumstances, they may petition the Faculty Council to repeat an otherwise prohibited course. Repeating a course more than once will result in the loss of financial aid for that course.

Students who wish to review previous courses may register as auditors without restriction. Auditing a course will not replace a prior grade.


Student-initiated Withdrawal

After the Drop/Add Period has ended, students may withdraw from the college or individual courses. For full-semester courses, the withdrawal period is after the first week and before the final week of the semester. For courses lasting less than a full semester, the deadline to withdraw is the Friday of the week preceding the last scheduled week of the course. Courses from which students have withdrawn will appear on their grade reports and transcripts with a “W” grade. In order to withdraw, students should meet with Student Services, Dean of Academic Affairs, or their advisor to complete the necessary withdrawal form. Failure to complete a formal withdrawal may result in the students receiving “F” grades in their courses.

Student-initiated Withdrawal Under Extenuating Circumstances

If a student is legitimately unable to come to campus to fill out the withdrawal form in person, special accommodations may be made to allow for a phone or other alternatively-initiated withdrawal through Student Services. Students are responsible for contacting Student Services before the withdrawal deadline.

Administrative Withdrawal

Administrative withdrawal is the termination of a student’s enrollment in a course by the College. It is used to correct registration errors or for disciplinary reasons. Student actions that might lead to administrative withdrawal include plagiarism, persistent disruption of classes, harassment, violence, or copying of another student’s work.

NOTE: Tuition and fees are assessed on the number of credits for which students are enrolled at the end of the second week of the semester. Withdrawing from a course after the second week will not result in a tuition reduction. Certain student financial aid grants and scholarships require students to refund all or part of the award(s) received for courses from which they withdraw.