Due to a recent uptick in COVID-19 cases and exposure, changes have been made to the COVID19 protocols and procedures for all KBOCC Staff, Faculty and Students. Please read below:
If exposed and unvaccinated:
Unvaccinated people who test positive for COVID-19 (see attached flowchart):
- Isolate until cleared by your medical provider, if utilizing KBIC Health System please follow the protocols in place
- Inform your supervisor and provide a written statement from a health professional
Unvaccinated people who are a close contact (see attached flowchart):
- Inform your supervisor you have been identified as a close contact or provide written statement from a healthcare professional
- Get tested for COVID-19 if experiencing symptoms
- If you receive a negative test, you may return to work.
Unvaccinated people who are not a close contact but considered a third-party exposure (see attached flowchart):
- You do not need to quarantine, but it is a good idea to be cautious and monitor yourself for symptoms
- You can report to work as usual
If exposed and fully vaccinated:
Fully vaccinated people with COVID-19 symptoms
Although the risk that fully vaccinated people could become infected with COVID-19 is low, any fully vaccinated person who experiences symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should:
- Isolate themselves from others
- Be clinically evaluated for COVID-19
- Get tested for SARS-CoV-2 if indicated. The symptomatic fully vaccinated person should inform their healthcare provider of their vaccination status at the time of care.
- If positive, follow the procedures above for an unvaccinated person testing positive for COVID-19
- If negative, you may return to work when feeling well enough to do so just like any other sickness.
Fully vaccinated people with no COVID-like symptoms following an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19:
- Tested 3-5 days following the date of their exposure
- Wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days until a negative test result is received
- Most fully vaccinated people with no COVID-like symptoms do not need to quarantine or be restricted from work following an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, if they follow the testing and masking recommendation above.
- Fully vaccinated people should monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days following an exposure.
Beginning today, September 3, 2021, KBOCC will require masks to be worn by all individuals, regardless of vaccination status. This includes our main campus building, Little Eagles and OCC Child Care. Masks are available at the main entrances.
If you would like a COVID-19 vaccine, please contact the KBIC Medical Center (353-8700) to make an appointment. Updates will be made to our COVID Response Policies as needed.
If you have concerns about this plan, please contact the President’s office.