Due to a recent uptick in COVID-19 cases and exposure I want to update KBOCC staff, students, and faculty on our COVID-19 protocols and procedures when there is an exposure based on vaccination status, please read below.
IF EXPOSED AND UNVACCINATED:
Unvaccinated people who test positive for COVID-19 (see attached flowchart):
- Isolate for 5 days or until cleared by your medical provider, if utilizing KBIC Health System please follow the protocols in place
- Inform your supervisor and provide a written statement from a health professional
Unvaccinated people who are a close contact (see attached flowchart):
- Inform your supervisor you have been identified as a close contact or provide written statement from a healthcare professional
- Get tested for COVID-19 if experiencing symptoms
- If you receive a negative test, you may return to work.
Unvaccinated people who are not a close contact but considered a third-party exposure (see attached flowchart):
- You do not need to quarantine, but it is a good idea to be cautious and monitor yourself for symptoms
- You can report to work as usual
IF EXPOSED AND FULLY VACCINATED:
Fully vaccinated people with COVID-19 symptoms
Although the risk that fully vaccinated people could become infected with COVID-19 is low, any fully vaccinated person who experiences symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should:
- Isolate themselves from others
- Be clinically evaluated for COVID-19
- Get tested for SARS-CoV-2 if indicated. The symptomatic fully vaccinated person should inform their healthcare provider of their vaccination status at the time of care.
- If positive, follow the procedures above for an unvaccinated person testing positive for COVID-19
- If negative, you may return to work when feeling well enough to do so just like any other sickness.
Fully vaccinated people with no COVID-like symptoms following an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19:
- Tested 5 days following the date of their exposure
- Wear a mask in public indoor settings for 10 days until a negative test result is received
- Most fully vaccinated people with no COVID-like symptoms do not need to quarantine or be restricted from work following an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, if they follow the testing and masking recommendation above.
- Fully vaccinated people should monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 for 5 days following an exposure.
Reminder: UPDATED 1/11/12
Our mask policy will be as follows: Students/Staff/Faculty you must wear a mask in our KBOCC’s buildings and classrooms. If alone in your office with the door shut, you don’t need to wear a mask. If anyone comes to your office, please put your mask on. If you have concerns about this policy, please contact the President’s office.
If you need a vaccine, please contact the Health Center and make an appointment.